|Sunday-Wednesday||09:00 - 21:45|
|Thursday||09:00 - 19:00|
When the Interlibrary loan department is closed, please ask at the circulation desk
This is a paid service.
Who is entitled to use the service?
Anyone with a valid reader’s card.
How does one use the service?
- Forms can be obtained at the entrance to the Interlibrary Loan Department or from the links at the top of this page.
- After your order is received (and usually within two weeks), you will be contacted by telephone or e-mail. Books and articles will be kept for you for in the Interlibrary Loan Department for two weeks. If the department is closed please request your order from the supervisor of the Circulation Department. Teachers who have paid through their budgets can receive articles by e-mail.
- Due dates are set by the loaning library. The date of return is one month after arrival. If the client wishes to extend the loan period, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If the book is required by the loaning library, a notice will be sent to the reader.
What can be ordered?
Mt. Scopus Readers
- Books from other Hebrew University campuses and other university and college libraries in Israel that have a circulation status of more than a week. Anyone wishing to order a book that is held by one of the Mt. Scopus libraries must state his reason for doing so. (For international book loans please contact the National Library email@example.com)
- Articles from material held by the Mt. Scopus Library (for teachers only; payment from research budget.)
- Articles from university and college libraries in Israel and abroad.
Readers from Abroad
- Requests for articles from books or journals held in the Mt Scopus library should be sent by the Interlibrary Loan Department of your library to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: We do not send books from our collection abroad. You may try to locate the item you need at the National Library and request it from their Interlibrary Loan Department,email@example.com .
Book from a library belonging to the Hebrew University Library Authority - 10 NIS
Book from another university library and the National Library - 16 NIS
Book from a college library - 25 NIS
Articles from university libraries: up to 10 pages – 18 NIS, every additional 10 pages – 8 NIS
Articles from college libraries: 25 NIS handling fee + 8 NIS for every 10 pages
For articles ordered from abroad there is a 25 NIS service charge added to the fee charged by the library providing the article.
Payment: cash, credit card or budget number
Lecturers who wish to pay via their budgets should include it in the form.
- Readers who order books or articles and do not collect them will be charged the handling fee plus the photocopying costs.
- Readers who do not return requested items will have their library privileges revoked until the items are returned and all fees are paid.
- Readers who lose a book will have their library privileges revoked until payment is made to the loaning library.
Copyright Law governs the making of photocopies and other reproductions of copyright material. Libraries and archives are authorized to provide a photocopy or other reproduction for private study, scholarship or research only. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or other reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user will be liable for copyright infringement. The library reserves the right to refuse to accept an order if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order violates copyright restrictions.